UK Holidays are in Demand
The UK Holiday Industry is Growing!
Now is a great time to invest in a holiday property whether you are looking to help cover your costs or generate a real return on investment. The UK Tourism Industry is currently growing, with a third of domestic holidaymakers planning to spend more time in the UK and the majority of hospitality and leisure businesses recognising a rising demand, with a third charting a 20% rise in revenue since 2017.
Research by Mintel found that the good summer weather over the past few years has seen an increase of 4.7% in domestic holidays. This has equated to a 6.2% increase in tourism expenditure.
Aria’s specific resort areas are all recognising continued growth in their regional tourism markets which is great news for holiday let entrepreneurs.
AN ISLAND OF OPPORTUNITY
Surrounded by beaches, the Isle of Wight is one of the most unique holiday destinations available in the UK. The sense of adventure begins on the ferry and with an event calendar packed full of high-profile sporting, music, and cultural events, the Island offers an exclusive retreat with a hint of nostalgia.
More than 2.5 million visited the island in 2018, with research suggesting an increase of 15,000 visitors and an increase of £4.5million in expenditure for the year plus an increase in holidaymakers spending five nights or more by a staggering 19%. With its new status as UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, large Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty and pending Dark Skies status it is set to keep attracting visitors year-round. The Isle of Wight is only 23 miles long and 13 miles wide, so investment opportunities in this area are extremely limited.
Cornwall is Calling
Aria’s Cornwall resorts are all on the North Coast of Cornwall. With its beautiful beaches, rich culture and heritage and top-quality food and drink, Cornwall is one of the most popular UK holiday destinations in the UK. At the British Travel Awards 2019 it was once again voted the Best UK Holiday Region and Visit Cornwall have recorded an increasing demand for holidays to the area:
- 2016/17 saw the largest growth in the youngest (16-24 years) and oldest (65+ years) age groups visiting the county compared with last year.
- At 27%, 2016/17 saw the highest proportion of adults visiting the county with children for the five-year trend period since 2012/13.
- 2016/17 saw a year on year increase in secondary/additional holiday taking and the highest proportion across the analysis years.
- 84% of visitors said they are likely to visit Cornwall again.
Tourists say “Yes” to Yorkshire
With its beautiful an varied scenery, historic cities and industrial heritage, the great county of Yorkshire had a record breaking year in 2018 attracting 1.39 million international visitors, an increase of 4% on the previous year.
The annual overseas visitor spend also increased by 6.44% to over £600million, the highest it has been since records began and the number of domestic nights also went up by a healthy 2%.
The tourism industry in the region was valued at £9billion in 2018 which was increased by £1billion in just 12 months.
- Information on which of our Aria holiday home properties are most suitable for subletting
- Register interest in attending one of our free holiday lettings and investment seminars
- Find out more about the Aria Investors Product
- To talk to somebody straight away complete the form below or call:03333 70 1000
 Barclays The Great British Staycation
 Visit Cornwall, Cornwall Visitor Survey August 2016 – July 2017