Out & about
Near Widemouth Fields
- Nearest supermarket - Sainsbury's or Morrisons 4 miles
- Nearest beaches - Summerleaze 4 miles, Northcott Mouth 6 miles & Crooklets 4 miles
- Bude is 5 miles, Boscastle is 12 miles & Tintagel 16 miles away
- Nearest post office is 4 miles
- Nearest petrol station 3 miles
- Nearest hospital is Stratton Hospital - 4 miles
- Nearest golf course - Ivyleaf Golf Course & Driving Range or Bude & North Cornwall Golf Club - 4 miles
- Places to go: Rough Tor 22 miles, Altarnun 18 miles, Crackington Haven 4 miles & Port Isaac 22 miles
Coast with the mostDune backed sands
Golden sands abound in Cornwall and at Widemouth Bay you have two whole miles enjoy. The dune backed sands are peppered with places to eat or enjoy a lazy sundowner; and from here it is an easy walk around the headland to Bude.
Traipse the long descent to the deserted winter sands of Strangles beach and curl your toes in sun- soaked sand as the low tide unveils Bossiney Cove.
Whether your idea of a day at the beach is relaxing in a secluded cove, building sandcastles and jumping waves or fishing quietly from the shoreline, there is a bay, just right for you.
Borderline brilliantExplore two counties
Widemouth sits right on the border of Cornwall and Devon so you get two fantastic counties to explore. The tumble-down harbour town of Clovelly, with its regular traditions and events is a short drive away, with the windswept Hartland point perfect for a blustery walk on the way. Back on Cornish soil and you have salt-soaked harbour towns like Boscastle and Port Isaac to savour with an abundance of crab sandwiches and cream teas to take in along the way.
Relax & unwindNew ways to relax
Luxuriate in a spa treatment, just down the road, followed by a leisurely canal stroll and a spot of lunch, take a cycle around the Tamar Lakes or embrace the solitude of Bodmin Moor with its shaggy ponies quietly munching the grass. Widemouth opens the door to a location ideal for escape and exploration. Escape your every day and discover new ways to relax.