Out & about
Near The Bay Colwell
- Nearest supermarket - Co-op in Freshwater 1.5 miles
- Nearest beaches - Colwell bay a few minutes walk & Totland 1 mile away
- Newport is 12 miles, Freshwater 1 mile & Yarmouth under 3 miles
- Nearest post office is under a mile away
- Nearest petrol station 1 mile
- Nearest hospital is St Mary's Hospital - 12 miles
- Yarmouth ferry port 3 miles & Fishbourne 17 miles
- Good bus routes around the island
Coastal treatsSand & sparkling waters
You need venture no further than Colwell Bay with its calm, clear waters lapping against gently sloping shingle and distant views of the mainland to remind you of your island escape.
Venture a little further to dip your toes in the sparkling waters at Totland Bay or relax to the sound of the sea over the chalky pebbles at gorgeous Freshwater Bay
Whether your idea of a day at the beach is relaxing in a secluded cove, building sandcastles and jumping waves or fishing quietly from the shoreline, there is a bay, just right for you.
Rich with cultureSoak it all up!
The Isle of Wight has a packed social calendar with events to suit all tastes, from foodies to music lovers, sports fans to boaties there is a never a dull moment on our diamond shaped isle. Ever a home to artists and writers there are galleries to explore and artisan makers to discover. There is plenty for history buffs too, with the ultimate holiday home at Osborne House and the vivid stories of Carisbrooke Castle.
The great outdoorsBringing nature to you
Remember your childhood with some magical tree climbing, take to the seas on your vessel of choice or perch on two wheels for a scenic cycle ride. The Isle of Wight brings the outdoors to you and you can sample it in every which way! From gentle walks to adrenaline filled bursts, you choose!