Out & about
Near The Lake's Rookley
- Nearest supermarket - Small Co-op store opposite resort & Asda 3 miles
- Nearest beaches - Shanklin 7 miles, Sandown 7 miles & Ryde 11 miles
- Ventnor is 7 miles, Cowes 9 miles & Yarmouth 14
- Nearest post office is 2 minutes away
- Nearest petrol station 3 miles
- Nearest hospital is St Mary's Hospital - 5 miles
- Fishbourne ferry port 8 miles & Yarmouth 14 miles
- Good bus routes available from bus stop outside resort
Coastal treatsIt's all here for you
Cliffs, coves, sandy beaches, rock pools and secret inlets, you'll find it all on the island.
Wave hunters should head straight to Compton Bay where onlookers can go hunting for dinosaur footprints and digging for fossils. Seclusion seekers should put Steephill cove on the visit list for a dose of seaside charm.
Whether your idea of a day at the beach is relaxing in a secluded cove, building sandcastles and jumping waves or fishing quietly from the shoreline, there is a bay, just right for you.
Full of adventureChucklesome fun!
The island is bursting at the seams with family attractions and chucklesome fun! Take the chairlift at the renowned Alum Bay and marvel at the kaleidoscope of colours in the cliffs. Run wild at Robin Hill with acres of park and woodland full of outdoor exploits. Or ride the rollercoasters at Blackgang Chine.
The great outdoorsEmbrace nature
Embrace the call of nature with some magical tree climbing, take to the seas on your vessel of choice or perch on two wheels for a scenic cycle ride. The Isle of Wight brings the outdoors to you and you can sample it in every which way! From gentle walks to adrenaline filled bursts, you choose!