Out & about
Near Moffat Manor
- Nearest supermarket - Co-op 2 miles
- Nearest beach - Sandyhills is an hour away by car
- Moffat under 3 miles & Dumfries 19 miles
- Nearest post office is 2 miles away
- Nearest petrol station 3 miles
- Nearest hospital is 3 miles
- Nearest golf club - Moffat Golf Club 3 miles
- Nearby attractions: Grey Mare's Tail 12 miles, Dalscone Farm 17 miles, Station Park 3 miles
The great outdoorsFresh Scottish air!
The beautiful lowlands with rocky coastline, sandy bays and acres of inland forest and wide open green spaces offer lots of chances to take deep lungfuls of fresh Scottish air!
Keen wanderers can escape into the wilderness where you might spot roe deer, soaring birds of prey or basking reptiles.
Catch glimpses of storybook castles as they rise out of the morning mist, scale rocky summits for the very best sunset views and meander around rippling lochs surrounded by ancient, rustling forests.
History and heritageLose yourself...
Centuries of history are just waiting for you to uncover in Dumfries and Galloway. Marvel at mediaeval castles such as Caerlaverock or Lochmaben, the birth place of Robert the Bruce. Get lost in the land of fairytales at Moat Brae, the birthplace of Peter Pan; or follow the story of the Nation’s Bard by having a wee dram in Robert Burn’s favourite pub.
Exhilarating outingsFor all the family
Plummet downhill on two wheels, make a splash whilst windsurfing or leave ripples in your wake as you paddleboard on a loch. Dumfries and Galloway brings the outdoors to you and you can sample it in every which way! From gentle walks to adrenaline filled bursts, you choose!