Committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected
The following companies are trading as Aria Resorts: Southern Parks Limited, Rookley Hold Limited, Coastal Parks Hold Limited, AG Gara Rock Limited, AG Retallack Limited, AG Newperran Limited and Essential Vivendi Limited.
Aria Resorts is the "controller" of any personal information that you share with us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, in line with current applicable data privacy laws. Should we hold any of your information, or ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our websites and services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy in future, so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Should you have a concern regarding our management of your personal data or need further information, here are our contact details:
- Telephone: 03333 70 1000
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Rookley Park, Main Road, Rookley, Isle of Wight, PO38 3LU
Information we collect
We may collect the following information: when you express an interest in purchasing property from us and complete a purchase; on our website and booking websites; when you book by email, by telephone or at a resort; when you make an enquiry or request a brochure or information; as you navigate around the resort:
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- address and postcode
- proof of address of main residential property
- date of birth
- financial information
- your image on CCTV cameras installed for your safety and security
- calls may be recorded for training and quality reasons
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- card or payment details if you make a booking or purchase
- details of bookings or purchases you make and services you request
- details of any accidents you may have recorded in our accident log
- we may also obtain information from credit reference or fraud prevention agencies where this is required in connection with our relationship with you
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you must ensure that you have their prior agreement before doing so.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information in the course of our business and in connection with our relationship with you:
- initiate the enquiries and tasks required to progress a property purchased enquiry, and eventual purchase. The lawful basis for holding your data is contract
- help us to fulfil the contract we, the landlord and freeholder, have with you, the leaseholder. Our lawful basis is contract
- answer your enquiries and solve your problems with regard to the property and the resort. The lawful basis is contract
- keep you updated on developments and improvements at the resort. Depending on the circumstances, the lawful basis is contract or legitimate business interest
- to provide you with the services that you order. The lawful basis is contract
- to take payment for the services that you order. Contract is the lawful basis. Please note that all payment and card data we may take is managed by a third party
- provide you with brochures, details of our special offers and other information. Here, we use legitimate business interest or consent as our lawful basis
- improve our products and services. The lawful basis is our legitimate business interest
- contact you for market research purposes. Our legitimate business interest or consent is the lawful basis
- to enforce or apply our agreements or contracts. The lawful basis can be contract or in connection with legal proceedings
- to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our property owners, guests, employees or third parties. Depending on the circumstances, the data is used for our legitimate business interest, compliance with the law, to protect the vital interests of individuals or in connection with legal proceedings
We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to facilitate these tasks and we will retain the information only as long as we have a valid or lawful reason to do so.
How long we store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the original purpose of holding it. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- you have withdrawn your consent for us to hold your information and there is no legal, contractual or legitimate business interest to retain it. This may prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations
- the original purpose for processing your data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more
- the data is no longer up to date or accurate, but you do have the opportunity to keep us updated
How you control your personal information
If you enquire about the purchase of a property at one of our resorts and/ or complete the purchase, we will use your information in order to fulfil our contract with you as a landlord and freeholder. We will retain your name, resort and main residential property address, proof of address, email address and telephone number in order to remain in contact with you and inform you of developments at your property and the resort. All other information will be securely deleted within six months of the completion of the enquiry or purchase.
If you have purchase a property from us in the past, we will contact you for marketing purposes as part of our legitimate interests, giving you information on other available properties or related developments. Please see your rights (below) to understand how you can opt out of these communications.
If you give us your consent to use your personal information for marketing, we will send you communications regarding our holidays, products and services and exclusive offers until you ask us to stop doing so.
We confirm that we do not carry out any automated decision-making or profiling using your personal information.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us using the details above or unsubscribing from the marketing emails we send you.
How we protect your information
Our systems are scanned on a regular basis for known threats to keep your personal as safe as possible. We also use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Some of the personal data we collect is hosted outside the EU and is protected by the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system.
We also use Google Adwords to advertise to past guests, whom we feel will be interested in our holidays, products or services, having bought them in the past. You can switch off Google Adwords on your browser if you wish.
Another way in which cookies are used is through Google Analytics. The information gathered by Google Analytics is merged other information held by Google to provide us with general information about visitors to our websites, such as age and location. This data is anonymised and does not identify any individuals or their personal information. You can install the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on if you do not wish to have this information gathered.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Please view our cookies policy for more information.
Links to other websites
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have a number of rights regarding your personal information that we hold. You can contact us using the email or telephone details above about these:
- you have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is not accurate or complete. Please contact us and let us know what we need to change
- you have the right of access to your data. Please get in touch with us and we will let you know what personal data we hold
- you have the right to have your personal data deleted. If you request this, please note that we will do this as soon as possible after all matters and enquiries relating to the purchase of your property have been fully resolved
- you can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications informing you of our special offers and exclusive discounts by contacting us using the details above or by clicking the unsubscribe link in our emails
- you have the right to have data transferred to another party. Let us know if this is what you would like to do
- you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information
- you have the right to object to your personal data being used by us
- you have the right to register a complaint regarding the use of your personal data to a supervisory authority at any time. The Information Commissioner's Office is the UK authority, please visit ico.org.uk.